North Mymms Park Hertfordshire pre-wedding photography
Engagement photography at North Mymms Park and our thoughts in general about pre-wedding shoots
We’re writing this post thinking about the couples that are still wondering if having a pre-wedding shoot is right for them.
In our specific case, we try to apply the principles of documentary wedding photography also during the couple portraits and pre-wedding shoots, which roughly translates into us saying silly things and catching the natural reactions to this.
Meera and Krishn invited us to tag along during their site visit to North Mymms Park and we were excited to join them as this is a fairly recent wedding venue in Hertfordshire.
Using the wedding venue visit with the couple for a pre-wedding shoot can help a great deal on the actual wedding day
Multitasking is a must in the fast-paced, crazy world we all live in today, so we thought our shooting location scouting would be even more interesting if we also used this opportunity for some candid shots.
Recently, we joined the WPJA international big family and are quite proud that Razvan has already won several Diamond Awards for Engagement Photography – including one award for Meera and Krishn’s pre-wedding shoot at North Mymms Park!
Among our favourite outdoor shooting locations at this Hertfordshire wedding venue are the lovely Wisteria wall (it looks spectacular even if not in bloom), the Italian Garden and of course the Loggia.
It’s a great feeling working with people who are happy to have a pillow fight in a stunning Grade 1 listed building, which is exactly what happened when we went back inside to the main hall.
Coming back to answering yes or no to having a pre-wedding shoot, here are a few very practical things to consider
- Do you feel comfortable in front of the camera? If you do, that is great. If you’re not so sure about it, that’s absolutely fine – it’s our job to make you feel at ease so leave this to us!
Seriously, just forget about what you’ll have to do during the shoot – you just need to turn up, we’ll do the work and you’ll just enjoy a couple of hours out and about with your significant other.
The most common reaction both during and at the end of a photo-shoot was “We absolutely dreaded being in front of the camera but it was all so easy!”
- Props or activities – yes, please, bring them on! One of our couples brought water guns for their engagement photo-shoot and watermelon slices as snacks and their Save the Date cards turned out amazing as a result
- If you’re looking for the most personal type of Save the date cards, then using images from your pre-wedding shoot is the way to go. Nothing says “this is us” better than, well, images with the two of you!
- Thinking about playing a slideshow from your pre-wedding session during your wedding? What a great idea – all your guests will love watching it. You can of course mix things up a bit and throw in a few shots of you growing up, from your holidays together or do a “Then and Now” of the two of you. The opportunities are truly endless J
- We are both big animal lovers so if you’d like to include your pet or pets in your pre-wedding shoot, we absolutely love the idea!
Still pondering if an engagement session is the right thing for the two of you? We hope the above will provide some food for thought and will help you make a decision.
Give your imagination free reign and ask yourself – what would You Two do with your pre-wedding Shoot?
Wonderful bridal jumpsuit by House of Bilimoria